Drop by the Steampunk Cookery website.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Well-Wishing

As a food blog, I would be remiss if I didn't wish my readers in the US a happy Thanksgiving, and the rest of you a... happy Thursday, I guess.

The Brown Stock I made last Sunday became a brown sauce on Tuesday, and today went into the braising liquid for some wine-braised short ribs of beef that I created, on special request, for the dinner. I also produced some sweet potato cakes, which follow from a very simple, old Irish recipe.

I sadly don't have any pictures of dinner as it was scarfed with great gusto before I could do anything like document my hard work, but I do have a picture from another event that includes both of the items I served tonight.

Far to near in the image is:

Red Wine-Braised Short Rib of Beef, with Creamy Mushroom Polenta and frizzed onion garnish; Fall Michigan Vegetable Medley (turnip, rutabaga, baby carrot, patty-pan squash, peas, parsnips); Charley's Mustard-Rubbed Pork Loin with Sweet Potato Cake, Pear Sauce, and Cherry-wine Reduction.

That is a sexy plate if you ask me. The food tonight was wonderful. I hope those of you who spent time with family or friends had as good a time as I did, and I'd love to hear what you all had for dinner...

Did anyone do a steampunk thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and comments always are welcomed, but do be civil... this isn't a kitchen, after all.